Subject: Computer Graphics Career
From: Glen Mead <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 1994 17:51:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,
 
  As the subject suggests, I would like to get into computer graphics and 
animation as a career.  My problem is that there is little or no courses 
available locally for this type of work (with the exception of Sheridan) 
and at 25 years old, I don't want to spend another 4 years in college if 
I can avoid it.  I am currently trained as an Electronics Engineering 
Technologist if that is of any help.  I currently have an Amiga 2000 
(basically stock with an 80 meg HD, 512 K chip ram, 8.5 megs fast ram) 
and an Amiga 1200 (80 meg HD, 2 megs chip ram, 2 megs PCMCIA ram) which 
I'm quite familiar with and would like to use.

  Does anybody have any suggestions on how I might get into this line of 
work?  I don't know where to start so any help would be greatly 
appreciated.  Thanks.

Glen

PS: Does anybody know how I might get ahold of SIGGRAPH here on the net?